Improvements to the A432 – Stapleton Road/Fishponds Road as part of the Greater Bristol Bus Network (GBBN). This corridor is an important commuter route serving Yate, Emersons Green, North East Bristol and Stapleton Road shopping centre and railway station.
The improvements included:
- Additional Bus lanes
- Upgraded traffic signals to allow priority for buses
- Parking and loading restrictions to support bus priorities and assist traffic flow
- Alterations to traffic signals and approach lanes to improve capacity for general traffic
- Improved Bus stop infrastructure through raised kerbs to make boarding safer and easier, longer bus stop platforms to accommodate multi access vehicles and longer bus stop bays to improve passenger access to vehicles.
- New, high quality bus shelters with an improved waiting environment
- Cycle Lanes
- New pavements along sections of the route Improved and additional pedestrian crossings
- Kerb build-outs to improve safety at junctions
- Completing all the ducting for electric feed to the bus shelters in order for Real Time Information screens to be installed – improving the information available to both drivers and passengers
- The project also included constructing various island along the route, these were used to slow down traffic and to increase the number of pedestrian crossings along the route
- Improved pedestrian crossings, constructed additional pedestrian crossings